A road trip is an adventure where the journey is more important than the destination. There are many ways to “do” a road trip, and here are 4 ideas to whet your appetite:
- Choose a theme. Ghost towns, water parks, museums, etc. Make the trip all about that. Map out locations for theme items, then draw a line connecting your stops.
- Do a little research to see if there are any weird, random things to see along your route.
- Make a documentary, or a mockumentary, if you prefer.
- Eat at small local “dives.” These are diners, road-side food shacks, and one-off restaurants.
A few extra tips:
- Bring a spare car key.
- Get a cash-back credit/gas card.
- Bring a cell phone charger.
- Never let the gas go below 1/3.